Advance Technical Institute™ has implemented the following updated rules concerning absences, late arrivals, and early exits. Below is the sample of the Participant Notice of Absence, Late Arrival, or Early Exit Form, participants are expected to complete. The rules and instructions for completing this form are outlined below:
1. Time Clock: Participants are required to clock in and out upon arrival and completion of classes. Failure to do so may eliminate the total clock hours for the day.
2. TANF Office iPad Policy: Participants are required to sign in and out utilizing the Front office iPad upon arrival and completion of classes. Failure to do so may eliminate the total clock hours for the day.
3. Homework Hours: Effective Monday, October 29, 2019, the total home-work hours may not exceed two hours per class.
4. Late Arrivals: Participants who arrive after 9:30 am and wish to obtain class hours are first required to obtain approval from their case manager before signing in.
5. Absences: Participants are responsible for notifying Advance Technical Institute™ of their absences. Notifications must be emailed to Learn@ATI.School or by calling ATI at (951) 534-6345.
6. School Participants who arrive after an excused absence and wish to obtain makeup assignments are required first to obtain approval from their case manager. Participants can only receive makeup assignments from the previous date of absence and cannot exceed more than 4 hours. No make-up assignments for absences that exceed one week.
7. Make-up Class Hours: Participants can only request makeup assignments from classes that have been assigned and scheduled by their case manager. Advance Technical Institute™ staff members cannot provide any additional hours and assignments without having this form first approved by a TANF case manager and returned to the ATI instructor for record-keeping. The participant has a grace period of up to one week after the date of absence to submit the assignments. No make-up class assignments for absences that exceed one week and cannot exceed more than 4 hours.
8. Holiday Hours and Scheduled TABE Assessments: Regularly scheduled participants who are affected by Holidays or TABE assessments may only receive up to 6 hours.